Last updated: December 2019
“Personal Information” means information about an identifiable individual. Personal Information does not include information that cannot be attributed to an identifiable individual, such as information of an aggregate or anonymous nature.
BayWa r.e. Solar Systems Inc. (“we” and “us”) complies with the Personal Information Protection Act (Alberta), Personal Information Protection and Electronic Documents Act (Canada), and other Canadian private sector legislation (as applicable), in order to protect your privacy.
Purpose and Consent
We may ask for and collect Personal Information from you. We will only collect, use, and disclose the Personal Information that we need in order to provide our goods and services, which are detailed on the website https://www.baywa-re.com/ (the “Website”).
We will limit the collection, use, and disclosure of your Personal Information to only that which is necessary for the purposes identified, unless you have otherwise consented, or when it is required by law.
You may choose not to provide us with any of your Personal Information; however, if you make this choice, we may not be able to provide you with goods or services that you have requested that we provide to you.
Processing of applicant data
When we send your application to the job portal, we store your personal data in a secure operating environment to protect it from loss or misuse. The respective company of BayWa r.e. Group to which you apply within our applicant management system is responsible for the processing of your data.
The contact details of this company result from the job advertisement in BayWa r.e. Job portal.
a. Which data is processed and from which sources does this data come from?
As part of the application process, we process the following categories of personal data in particular:
- Master data (e.g. name, date of birth, nationality, place of residence)
- Documents (e.g. certificates, certificates, curriculum vitae)
- Training history (e.g. data on (higher) school education, professional qualifications)
- accounting data (e.g. bank details for reimbursement of application costs)
- Communication data (e.g. email, phone)
- Log data that arise when using IT systems
In individual cases, the processed data can also include special categories of personal data in accordance with Article 9 (1) of the European General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), such as Data on health, religious affiliation or union membership, if you provide it to us in the context of your application.
b. For what purposes and on what legal basis is my data processed?
We process your personal data in compliance with the GDPR, national data protection laws and other relevant national laws.
The data processing is used to carry out the application process, to initiate and establish an employment relationship with the company of BayWa r.e. Group you applied to.
The legal basis for the implementation of the application process is Art. 6 Para. 1 Clause 1 b GDPR in connection with the relevant national regulation for the implementation of pre-contractual measures to establish an employment relationship. In Germany, in addition to Art. 6 Para. 1 Clause 1 b GDPR, the legislator has issued the provision of § 26 BDSG - data processing for employment purposes.
Insofar as special categories of personal data are processed, this is done on the basis of Art. 9 Para. 2 b GDPR. If the job to which you have applied requires processing of health data to assess your ability to work, this is done on the basis of Art. 9 Para. 2 h GDPR in conjunction with the relevant national regulations.
c. How does the application process work?
You can go straight to one in our BayWa r.e. Apply for a published job advertisement by entering your data in the application form of the advertised position. In addition to manual entry, you also have the option of transferring certain master data from your XING or LinkedIn profile, as well as using "CV Parsing" into the application form.
We will keep you informed of the processing status of your application by email. As part of the application process, we may ask you whether we can send your application documents to other job offers that match your profile - possibly also at other BayWa r.e. companies. Group - forward or may include them in our applicant pool.
If you have shown interest with us on BayWa r.e. Job portal, then we may ask you if we can send your application documents to job vacancies within BayWa r.e. If there is no position corresponding to your qualification or your wishes at the time of application, you may be included in our applicant pool after prior consultation with you.
Applications in paper form or by email are sent to BayWa r.e. with a reference to the application process are not accepted. The data is not transferred to the applicant management system. Therefore, paper applications are immediately disposed of in accordance with data protection; Applications via email will be deleted immediately. An exception to this is the receipt of an application in paper form or by email due to a special occasion (e.g. getting to know one another at a trade fair). Your data is imported into the applicant management system. The process described above also applies to applications of this type.
d. Who receives my data?
Within BayWa r.e. Groups to which the application is made will only have access to your personal data for the above-mentioned persons and the bodies involved in the application process (e.g. supervisors, HR, specialist area, employee representatives). If the persons involved in the application process of another BayWa r.e. belongs to a group, your data can be transmitted to the respective person in individual cases.
We use service providers to fulfill our contractual and legal obligations. We have concluded the contracts required by data protection law with these service providers, provided they process personal data on our behalf. For applicant management, we use a software solution from rexx systems GmbH, Süderstraße 75-79, 20097 Hamburg, which works for us as a processor.
e. Are personal data transferred to a third country?
When applying for a BayWa r.e. Groups outside the European Economic Area (EEA) data are transmitted on the basis of Art. 49 Para. 1 b GDPR, unless there are no other appropriate data protection guarantees.
The data center for the rexx systems GmbH applicant platform we use is located in Germany.
f. How long will my data be saved?
We have to save your data for a period of 6 months in order to meet the legal requirements for the proper processing of an application and to be able to answer questions in connection with your application and / or its rejection.
6 months after completing the application process, i.e. After you have received an acceptance or rejection from us, your personal data will be deleted. Anonymous application body data is created for statistical purposes.
As soon as you have agreed to be accepted into our applicant pool, your data will be stored and processed there for a period of 12 months. After this period, your personal data will be deleted.
As soon as you receive a job offer from a BayWa r.e. Group has been proposed and you have agreed to be included in the associated application process, your data will be transmitted to the respective company. The initially mentioned retention period of 6 months after the application process has ended applies to your personal data. If there was no recruitment in the application process, or if you have not consented to inclusion in the application process, your data will be transferred back to our applicant pool. In both cases, your personal data will be stored for a period of 12 months starting with the date of the initial pool admission and then deleted.
Collection, Use, and Disclosure
The type of Personal Information we collect and maintain may include:
- first and last names
- email address
- telephone number
- fax number
- professional certifications held
- bank details
- image data (e.g. from video monitoring systems and photos taken at public events)
- company name
- tax identification number
- name of contact person
We use Personal Information for certain legitimate business purposes, which include:
- enhancing, modifying, personalizing or otherwise improving our goods and services for the benefit of our customers;
- providing you with information about us or about our goods and services (such as emailing you our newsletter);
- creating and managing your customer or supplier account;
- the sale and distribution of our goods and services including obtaining payment for the goods and services that you request;
- procurement and logistics purposes;
- supplier and customer management and analysis;
- enhancing the security and performance of our Website and related systems; and
- the purpose for which it was provided and certain other activities that are reasonably ancillary to that purpose.
All of our service providers and contractors are contractually obliged to employ appropriate data security measures with respect to your Personal Information and to collect/use/disclose it only within the scope required for the provision of goods/services. The contractors we commission will receive your Personal Information if required to perform their respective services. These include, for example, IT service providers that we need to operate and safeguard our IT system.
The following are particular circumstances in which we may disclose your Personal Information without obtaining your further consent. By providing your Personal Information to us, you consent to the following disclosures:
- to our employees or independent contractors who need access to it as part of their job functions to provide to you the goods or services you have requested;
- to BayWa Group companies (an overview of the BayWa Group companies can be found under the following link: www.baywa.com/en/group/at_a_glance/group_companies/) participating in our customer database;
- to our payment processor, if you make a credit card payment;
- to our manufacturers, if an offer is made or sold via manufacturer portals;
- to credit agencies (e.g. Euler Hermes, billing address of 1155, boul. Rene-Levesque Ouest, bureau 2810 Montreal, QC H3B 2L2) for the purpose of entering into and fulfilling contracts and to obtain credit information as needed;
- to insurance companies, banks, and service providers for the purpose of entering into and fulfilling contracts;
- to other parties where we are under a duty to disclose your Personal Information in order to comply with any applicable legal obligation including a regulatory process, or an order of a government institution, investigative body, regulatory body or judicial authority of competent jurisdiction;
- where we believe in good faith that disclosure is necessary:
- to investigate, prevent or take action regarding suspected or actual illegal activities or to assist government enforcement agencies or investigative bodies in that regard;
- to collect a debt owed to us or to repay any money owed to you;
- to investigate and defend us from and against any third party claims or allegations;
- to protect the security or integrity of our services; and/or
- to exercise or protect the rights, property or our personal safety, and that of our clients and users, employees, independent contractors, or others;
Protection and Retention
We have taken industry standard measures to ensure the security and confidentiality of your Personal Information. We will only retain your Personal Information for the period of time reasonably required to fulfill the purposes for which it was collected. With respect to video monitoring, such Personal Information is deleted no later than thirty (30) days after collection.
Access and Updates
On your reasonable written request, we will provide you, not later than thirty (30) days from our receipt of your request, or such additional time as required by law, with access to or information about your Personal Information (if any) under our custody or control, and the names of persons to whom, and any circumstances in which, your Personal Information has been and is being disclosed by us. You must provide sufficient information in your request to allow us to verify your identity and identify the information you are seeking.
All requests may be subject to minimal costs.
We reserve all rights not to disclose Personal Information, in whole or in part, in certain circumstances permitted or required by law, including but not limited to where:
- the disclosure would reveal Personal Information about another individual;
- the disclosure could reasonably be expected to threaten the safety or physical or mental health of an individual;
- the Personal Information is protected by any legal privilege;
- the disclosure of the Personal Information would reveal confidential commercial information; or
- the Personal Information was collected by us for an investigation relating to a breach of an agreement or a contravention of the laws of Canada or a province.
If access to your Personal Information is refused, in whole or in part, we will provide you with the reasons for the refusal, the provision of applicable privacy legislation on which the refusal is based, and the contact information of the Privacy Officer who can answer your questions about the refusal, and will inform you that you may ask for a review of the refusal in accordance with applicable privacy legislation.
On your request, we will make every reasonable effort to correct outdated Personal Information, or errors or omissions in your Personal Information where that Personal Information is in our custody or control. Such request must be in writing, signed by the requestor, and include sufficient detail to enable us to identify any record in our custody or control containing the Personal Information in relation to the request. We will, as soon as reasonably possible and not later than thirty (30) days from our receipt of your request, or within such additional time as permitted or required by law, either correct the Personal Information and, if applicable and reasonable to do so, send correction notifications to any third party to whom we disclosed the incorrect Personal Information, or decide not to correct the Personal Information, but we will annotate the Personal Information under our control to indicate that a correction was requested but not made. We will inform you of the action that we have taken in response to your request for correction, the contact information of the Privacy Officer who can answer your questions about your request for correction, and that you may ask for a review of the action taken in accordance with applicable privacy legislation.
Cookies and Analytics
The Website uses analytical tools to collect general information about the usage behaviour of visitors. This includes, for example, pages accessed, length of stay, referring pages as well as general information about your computer system such as operating system, screen resolution, browser used, etc. All Personal Information collected is stored anonymously and cannot be traced back to you individually. If you do not agree to have your usage behaviour recorded anonymously, you can prevent this by deactivating cookies in your browser.
You may install the following browser add-on to disable Google Analytics (https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout?hl=en). By doing so, you inform Google Analytics that no information about your Website visit should be transmitted to Google Analytics.
We have included social plugins on the Website, which are deactivated by default for security reasons. When you access the Website, no Personal Information is transmitted to social media services such as Facebook, Twitter or Google+. Deactivated social plugins are identified on the Website in grey. You have the option to activate these social plugins by clicking on them and thus consenting to engage in communication with the respective social network. An activated social plugin is displayed on the Website in colour. When you activate the social plugin, certain Personal Information may be transferred to the respective social network. The following links provides more information about plugins and privacy:
Without your express consent, we will not use tracking tools to collect Personal Information about you or to transfer such Personal Information to third parties and marketing platforms.