Your partner in solar distribution
Global expertise at your fingertips
At BayWa r.e. Solar Systems we are proud to lead Canada’s solar energy revolution. We supply installers with high-quality solar components and offer a level of customer service that is unrivalled within the solar wholesale industry. Our expertise, both global and local, means we understand the many challenges that solar installers face. Whatever your requirements, we’ve made it our mission to find the right solution for you.
Our services: we not only provide comprehensive advice and advance planning, but also technical assistance during and after the installation of your photovoltaic system. Our experts can advise you on the selection of the ideal components to meet the specific requirements of each unique installation, taking into account the size, the optimal positioning and the perfect fit of every element.
We stock new, innovative, bankable Tier A products that provide our partners value while saving crucial installation time.
Canadian solar rebates, incentives and tax credits
There are several Canada-wide solar power incentives including:
- The Federal tax provision for clean energy (extended until 2025): under this provision, businesses (including farms) can depreciate the cost of their solar power system at an accelerated capital cost allowance rate of 100% in the first year, exempt of the half-year rule.
- Agriculture Clean Technology Program: the Adoption Stream will provide non-repayable contributions (up to 50% of $2M) to support the adoption of clean technology by Canadian farmers and processors, to reduce carbon emissions. Find out more
- Canada Greener Homes Grant: the federal government’s Greener homes grant encourages home owners to make energy efficient updates, creates new job and grows Canada’s domestic green supply chain. Find out more
- Grants available of up to $5000 for upgrading heaters, installing solar panels, and replacing windows and doors. EnerG
- EnerGuide Evualuations (up to $600) and expert advice
- Recruitment and training of EnerGuide Energy Advisors
Provincial and municipal solar programs help Canadians to affordably find the means to go solar and reduce their energy bills. While not all provinces offer cost savings programs, check with your municipality to ensure you are not missing out on a local solar rebate program.
Although BC does not currently have a solar rebate at the provincial level, it is the only province with a TAX exemption for all solar panels. The Alternative Energy Sources PST Exemption also covers any necessary equipment needed for installation including wiring, controllers, and inverters. Find out more
Although the Residential and Commercial Solar program has ended, the province has extended funding for:
The 2-year Solar Energy Pilot Program has ended and is no longer accepting applications.
The GreenON Solar Rebate Program has ended and there are currently no provincial rebate programs offered in Ontario.
The largest solar incentive in Quebec is the RenoVert Tax Credit.
The Total Home Energy Savings Program (THESP) offered by Energy NB Power is one of the most comprehensive energy incentive programs in all of Canada.
The Solar Homes Program is administered by Efficiency Nova Scotia.
Efficiency PEI’s Solar Electric Rebate Program provides incentives for Island homeowners, farms and businesses to install solar PV panels.